Snorkel the marine sanctuary of Kealakekua Bay’s Captain Cook Monument, one of the top-rated snorkeling spots in the world. Learn the history, snorkel with numerous tropical fish, beautiful coral, and many other underwater creatures.
Private Snorkel Tour Big Island, Hawaii | Kona Snorkel Trips
Trip Duration Options: 2 to 4 hours
Trip Times: 8:30am, 1:30pm, & the manta start time changes with the setting of the sun
Departure Location: Honokohau Harbor in Kona, Hawaii
- Private Morning Tour Up to 18 guests
- Private Manta Tour Up to 18 guests
- Private Afternoon Tour Up to 18 guests
GROUP KONA SNORKEL TOURS YOUR WAY
Here at Kona Snorkel Trips, we offer a variety of cool and amazing Kona ocean snorkeling tours, but sometimes you’ve just got to have things your own way. We understand, and we are here to help tailor your private snorkel tour Big Island experience for your family or your group bringing you to the spots that are must-see in Kona Hawaii!
What you get when you book a private Kona snorkel tour:
- We bring the boat, the crew, and the fun. You just tell us where you want to go and what you want to do!
- Want to play at some of the world’s top snorkeling destinations? – Yep, we can do that.
- Want to slip into the water and watch huge, otherworldly manta rays swim below you? – We can do that too!
- Want to lounge in the sun on our boat and look for whales during whale season? – Ditto?
- Want to honor a loved one and say goodbye on the ocean – We can help with that too.
Please note that all ages are welcome on any private charters, but we do not have infant life jackets. Parents should come equipped with life jackets for their little ones. The private manta snorkeling tour is not recommended for those under the age of 5.
There is a seven-day cancellation policy on all private Kona tours.
- For safety, swimming skills are required for all guests to enter the water
- You should have prior snorkeling experience and consider yourself an intermediate snorkeler for the manta snorkel
- Expectant mothers or those with regular back or neck issues are not permitted due to the adventurous nature of our retired Navy SEAL boat
- We do not recommend our vessel for those 75 and older due to the adventurous nature of our retired Navy SEAL boat
- You should be in good physical and mental health
- Those with reoccurring shoulder issues are not permitted on the manta snorkel – you must be able to have your arms outstretched for 30-40 minutes
- For safety, you must be able to converse in English
Anyone who wants a unique and private adventure should consider this Kona private boat charter & private snorkel tour Big Island. This can be a great idea for couples on their honeymoon or on an anniversary trip, family reunions, or for corporations looking to reward their hard-working team. Basically, this package is for anyone who wants a private tour of Kona’s ocean attractions that just includes their partner, family, or group. We can show you the best Kona snorkeling spots, give you personal attention, and take you to a lot of unique areas to swim or view different ocean wildlife.
You’ll find that our private Kona boat tours are very reasonably priced!
You can choose to snorkel, swim, relax on the boat, explore the coast, dolphin or whale watch, or anything else that strikes your fancy! Let us know what you would like to do and we will do our best to accommodate your requests.
The Private Snorkel Tour looks different for each group or family we take out because you decide what you want to do. The morning tour can last up to 4 hours. The tour can include snorkeling, or just relaxing on the boat.
Families especially love our private tours – where you can create lifelong memories with your loved ones.
If you want to do something special, like conduct a team-building exercise, just let us know, and we will do our best to accommodate your wishes within reason.
Your Private Snorkel Tour can create lifelong memories for your family, help boost employee morale, or show your life partner how much you love them.
The Private Manta Snorkeling Tour gets you up close and personal with the graceful mantas of Kona. This is a popular option for families and friends.
- Mask, snorkel, fins, wetsuits, additional flotation
- Snacks, juice, sparkling water (daytime only)
While we do not have a minimum age requirement for our private snorkeling tours we do suggest following our guidelines for our tours. This is for their comfort, safety, and enjoyment of the charter too! Remember, if you choose to bring an infant you must bring your own life jacket. Additionally, if we deem ocean conditions not acceptable for ones so little you’ll be informed at check-in that they’ll need to stay on land.
Day snorkel – 3 years of age
Night manta snorkel – 5 years of age
- Basic swimming skills – must be able to swim or float unassisted
- Non-swimmers are not permitted to enter the water
- Expectant mothers or those with regular back or neck issues are not permitted on this tour due to the adventurous nature of our retired Navy SEAL boat
- Those with reoccurring shoulder issues are not permitted on the manta tour – you must be able to have their arms outstretched for 30-40 minutes
- Basic swimming skills – must be able to swim or float unassisted
Kona Private Boat Charter suggested items:
- Swimsuit (please arrive in it)
- Sun-protective cover-up
- Reef-safe non-aerosol sunscreen – Please read for further info on choosing safe sunscreen (toxic sunscreen is illegal in the bay)
- Waterproof camera (GoPro’s avail to rent)
Storage space is limited on the vessel.
Yes, you are welcome to bring your own food and alcohol on our morning and afternoon tours. We have large cooler on board to accommodate any food or beverages you’d like to bring.
Your health is important to us. Kindly read the medical questionnaire listed below. You acknowledge your responsibility for any omissions related to the failure to disclose any present or previous health conditions. If you have a positive response you will seek approval from a physician prior to joining a tour with Splashers Ocean Adventures, Inc DBA Kona Snorkel Trips.
A rental boat is simply that, a boat and nothing more. You will be taught how to use the boat and it will be launched and recovered for you, but you must captain and crew the boat yourself.
A charter boat come with captain and crew so you don’t have to do any of the work. They do it all for you so you can just kick back, chill axe, and enjoy the ride!
There are a few companies that offer inter-island private boat charters:
When you board a private boat charter Kona Snorkel Trips crew is taking great care of you. People book our private tours for couples, families, and large friend groups. Our friendly guides and captains love to give you the custom-tailored experience. Looking for a specific kind of trip? We’ll do our best to deliver.